Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week and have some fun plans for the weekend. I have a couple of workouts planned as well as a visit with my parents and celebrating a friend’s birthday. It will be a busy weekend, but I’m looking forward to spending time with my friends and family.
I was inspired to make this baked oatmeal when I came across this recipe on Oh She Glows. I used the recipe as a guideline and switched it up a bit. I ended up having this for breakfast and lunch yesterday — it was so good and it helped power me though my personal training session in the afternoon. I recommend making this Sunday morning and eating it all week long. I am already looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!
Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 2 small or 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 3/4 cups unsweetened almond coconut milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed shredded carrots (I took the lazy route and used already shredded rainbow carrots)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Preheat oven to 375 and spray an 8×11 baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the banana(s) through the cinnamon. Stir in carrots, raisins, and coconut. Add oats and sprinkle baking powder on top. Stir to combine. Add to baking dish and bake for 40-50 minutes. I checked mine at 40 minutes and it needed another 10.
I’ve had this both hot and at room temp and it’s equally delicious. I served it with a drizzle of maple syrup, but I think it would be great with a fried egg (salty/sweet) on top or maybe a dollop of Greek yogurt and some berries.
Make this today — you won’t regret it!